Position: full time research fellow (Assistant Research Fellow, or Associate Research Fellow, or Research Fellow) hired primarily by the Election Study Center and jointly appointed with the Department of Political Science at NCCU.
Expertise: electoral studies, including electoral systems, voting behavior, public opinion surveys, and cross-national comparative research.
Qualifications: applicant must have a Ph.D. degree or position of Assistant Professor or above in a relevant fields aforementioned and possess independent research skills, international academic publishing, teaching abilities, and an interest in policy research and administrative management.
Starting date: August 1, 2023.
Required application documents:
1. Completed resume of the Election Study Center (as attached).
2. A copy of the Ph.D. degree certificate or expect to acquire a Ph. D degree certificate by July 31, 2023. Taiwanese applicant’s certificate from foreign university must be verified by a Taiwan’s overseas embassy.
3. Chinese or English transcripts of doctoral program.
4. Ph.D. dissertation and three to five academic works.
5. Chinese or English research plan for the next three years.
6. Chinese or English outlines for two teaching courses related to your expertise.
7. Two letters of recommendation sent by the recommenders. If applicant receives the Ph.D. degree within the past three years (after July 31, 2021), one of the letters of recommendation must be written by applicant’s dissertation advisor. If applicant have not completed your dissertation by the deadline of application, applicant’s advisor should provide an additional letter confirming applicant will complete the dissertation defense by May 31, 2023.
8. If Taiwanese applicant already have a teaching certificate, please provide a copy.
Application deadline: April 10, 2023 (Monday)
Other information: Election Study Center will invite applicants to give a speech in person or via video when necessary.
1. Please send both paper files and electronic files.
2. Paper files send to: Election Study Center, National Chengchi University, No. 64, Sec. 2, Zhi Nan Rd., Wenshan Dist., Taipei City 116, Taiwan (please write "Application for Full-time Research Fellow" on the envelope, and the postmark date will be used to determine the deadline).
3. Please send electronic documents to: email@example.com, with the filename "Application for Full-time Research Fellow of Election Study Center_Applicant name."
4. For inquiries, please contact Secretary Teng at: 886-2-29387134 or firstname.lastname@example.org.